At a Glance
|Strategic Outcomes||SO2 Creation of green jobs, SO6 Enhanced adaptation to climate change|
|Start Date||Q2 June 29, 2022|
|End Date||q4 December 31, 2025|
|Actual Budget (USD)||5,990,000|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)|
|GGGI Share (USD)||420,000|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers||poverty, gender|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)||Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)|
|Name of consortium members, if any||Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal (implementing partner)|
GGGI Project Code : NP07
Nepal’s Terai flood plain is hard hit by recurrent climate emergencies and a humanitarian crisis induced by returning economically displaced migrant workers. In order to address the double crisis, this project aims to significantly increase the resilience of farmers and migrant workers by identifying, demonstrating, incubating and investing in sustainable, climate smart agriculture practices. The project supports widespread adoption of climate smart agriculture in 10 local governments, reduces vulnerability and improves economic security for 5,300 farmers and workers, creates 2,440 new jobs for women, youth and returned migrant workers, and unlocks USD 20M of green investment. For this, project interventions aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Improving emergency management in the agriculture sector to protect lives and livelihoods; and
- Objective 2: Strengthening resilient agriculture planning and implementation; and
- Objective 3: Building and financing climate smart agriculture businesses for job creation and long-term resilient green growth.
The project is being implemented in partnership with the Ministry of Land Management, Agriculture and Co-operatives in ten municipalities of Dhanusha and Mahottari districts of Madesh Province.
Project Outcome and Output
The project has recognized two Outcomes that will be achieved through the following Outputs.
Outcome 1: 10 local governments are prepared to respond to climate emergencies, particularly flood and drought, protecting the livelihoods of community members and creating 1,100 jobs for women, youth and returned migrant workers.
- Output 1.1: Capacity and systems of local governments to manage agricultural climate risk improved
- Output 1.2: Local governments plan, adopt and implement climate smart agriculture.
Outcome 2: Local farming communities adopt market-oriented climate smart agriculture, spurring investment of USD 1.56 million into 112 agribusinesses, creating 1,340 new jobs for women, returned migrant workers and youth and leveraging an additional USD 20 million in scale-up financing.
- Output 2.1: Conducive business and knowledge environment for climate smart agriculture created
- Output 2.2: Investment in climate smart agriculture increased for job creation and competitiveness
KOICA-GGGI Climate Smart Agriculture Project Brochure: Downloadable in English Downloadable in Nepali
Terai Agribusiness and Enterprise Challenge Fund (TAECF) Application Package – Incubation Program (2023)
- TAECF Brochure – Downloadbale in English Downloadable in Nepali
- Project Concept Note Template : Download here
- Required Documents: Permanent account number (PAN) certificate, Enterprise registration certificate, Latest taxation certificate if applied under enterprise categories, Citizenship certificate of owner or representative of organization
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|