BIMP-EAGA-ROK Cooperation Fund (BKCF)
The Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA) Republic of Korea (ROK) Cooperation Fund (BKCF) was established in 2021 by the ROK. It aims to contribute to promoting inclusive and balanced growth in the Southeast Asia region and ASEAN Connectivity by strengthening the partnership between the BIMP-EAGA and the ROK.
It also aims to support the BIMP-EAGA’s Vision 2025 (BEV 2025) of a “Resilient, Inclusive, Sustainable and Economically competitive (R.I.S.E) BIMP-EAGA to narrow development gap,” which was adopted in 2017. Three strategic thrusts listed in the BEV 2025, namely Connectivity, Environment, and Tourism, were selected as the priorities of BKCF funded projects during the meeting between BIMP-EAGA and the ROK in July 2021.
The Fund will provide grants for individual member countries or subregional programs and projects to address strategic country needs and priorities of BIMP-EAGA.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) has been designated as a depositary of the BKCF and will manage the BKCF.
Among the list of sectors from BIMP-EAGA’s Vision 2025 (BEV 2025), prioritization was given to the following sectors through consultations between BIMP-EAGA and the ROK: Environment, Tourism, Connectivity, and Agriculture & Fisheries.
All projects in all sectors identified in the cooperation between BIMP -EAGA, and ROK must explicitly include targets and outcomes/outputs for gender and social inclusion where applicable and relevant.
Process and Eligiblity of BKCF
Eligibility of Proponent(s) for Project Application
Government agencies, public sector institutes, academic and research institutes, NGOs, private sector entities, or any other autonomous institutes from member countries of BIMP-EAGA and the ROK are eligible to submit funding requests. Individuals are not eligible to apply for the fund.
BKCF accepts proposals for:
- One year grant: minimum of USD 50,000 and a maximum of USD 300,000
- Two year grant (total amount): minimum of USD 100,000 and a maximum of USD 300,000
- Multiple countries or BIMP-EAGA regional projects: maximum of USD 200,000 per country
BKCF 3rd Call
3rd Call for Proposals (Closed)
BKCF’s 3rd call for proposals submission is open until March 22, 2023!
- Application Deadline: March 22, 2023 (23:59 KST)
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (An email must be titled as “[submission] project title”)
Please refer to the following guideline for more information
Required Documents for BKCF Project 3rd Call:
- The following are Templates and Annexes of mandatory documents to be submitted:
BKCF Project Proposal Template
Annex 2. Project Implementation Plan
* For the third call, the ‘Due Diligence Form’ has been included as the mandatory documents
How to write an effective BKCF proposal
GGGI supports the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the ROK by evaluating and providing a first recommendation for financing BKCF proposals:
- Adherence to donor guidelines, and
- Solid technical approach and robust management, reporting, and sustainability
Please refer to the following guideline for reference:
BKCF Project Submission Document Samples
|BKCF Project Proposal|
|BKCF Project Budget|
|Annex 1. Deliverables|
|Annex 2. Project Implementation Plan|
* Please note that these documents are for reference only
BKCF Project Results
*( ) is indicating multiple countries projects
* Conditionally Approved