At a Glance
|Strategic Outcomes||SO1 Reduced GHG emission, SO3 Increased access to sustainable services, SO4 Improved air quality|
|Start Date||Q1 2023|
|End Date||q1 2026|
|Funding Source||Earmarked, Core|
|Actual Budget (USD)||1,600,000|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)|
|GGGI Share (USD)|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers||poverty, gender|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)||Global Environment Facility (GEF|
|Name of consortium members, if any||UNIDO|
GGGI Project Code : JO6
Project Manager and Staff +
Sustainability is one of the key pillars of the Economic Modernization Vision launched in 2022 in Jordan, as a strategic element in the economic future of the Kingdom. In 2017, the Jordan Government approved the National Green Growth Plan (NGGP) which establishes green growth as a national priority, with the objective of building economic and social resilience as well as sustainable growth. The sustainability of the Jordanian transport sector was identified in the NGGP as a critical component in achieving national climate change targets in addition to the social and economic growth objectives. The “Integrated Adoption of Electric Mobility” project for Jordan is developed as a child project of the “Global Programme to Support Countries with the Shift to Electric Mobility” funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) GEF-7 as part of an overall shift to a sustainable, low carbon transport sector. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. UNIDO, as GEF agency, will be responsible for the implementation of the Project, which entails oversight of project execution to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with agreed standards and requirements. GGGI is an intergovernmental organization dedicated to supporting the creation and diffusion of the model of economic growth known as “green growth”. The green growth model integrates economic growth, environmental sustainability, poverty reduction and social inclusion. GGGI will act as executing entity for this GEF Project and will be responsible for the day-to-day management, as well as monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
Project Outcomes and Outputs
OBJECTIVE: To catalyze and accelerate the breakthrough of electric mobility in urban areas in Jordan through innovation and technology transfer.
Outcome 1: E-mobility policies established, through enhanced inter-ministerial coordination.
- Output 1.1 The High-level Forum on E-mobility (HFE) is established and functional.
- Output 1.2 Public-private roadmap for transitioning towards a more sustainable tourism transport sector.
- Output 1.3 Regulations to enable integrated e-mobility and renewable energy investments.
Outcome 2: Strategic investment drives e-mobility and enables higher public and private investment.
- Output 2.1 Scalable E-mobility project (Petra E-bus project) in place to demonstrate replicability.
- Output 2.2 Petra E-bus implementation program delivered.
- Output 2.3 Strategies and pipeline are developed to scale-up e-mobility and renewable energy.
Outcome 3: Government and private sector are better prepared and enabled to replicate e-mobility successes in Jordan.
- Output 3.1 Knowledge and best practice shared through regular exchange of global, regional, and national experiences through the Global Programme.
- Output 3.1 Capacity building program on integrating e-mobility and renewable energy technologies as well as environmentally sound management of EV batteries.
Jordan Major Components:
– Policy coordination and integration through the operationalization of a High-level Forum on e-mobility, integrating fiscal considerations, energy security and environmental goals.
– Successful implementation of a scalable public transport e-mobility demonstration project in the tourism sector: the ‘’Petra E-bus’’ pilot project.
– Scaling up e-mobility by promoting sustainable tourism transport practices and investment prioritization in Jordan.
– Establishing and implementing effective project monitoring and evaluation mechanisms as well as capturing progress and lessons learned. The project’s goal is to catalyze and accelerate the breakthrough of electric mobility with a focus on tourism sector through technical assistance, policy support, building capacity and scaling-up strategies
Jordan Country Office
Address: Ministry of Environment, King Faisal Bin Abd Al Aziz St 83, Um Uthaina, Amman, Jordan
For further information and queries, please contact:
Christophe Assicot, Country Representative email@example.com
Mohammad Naser, Senior Officer, Sustainable Transport firstname.lastname@example.org
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|