At a Glance
|Publication Date||September 2016|
|Thematic Area||Cross Cutting|
The Country Planning Framework (CPF) of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) lays out the green growth objectives that GGGI’s interventions aim to support Viet Nam in achieving. The CPF objectives are derived from organizational priorities that reflect GGGI’s comparative advantage, and are in alignment with national goals of economic growth, poverty reduction, social inclusion and environmental sustainability. The CPF is thus a contextualized planning document for in-country programming.
The CPF objectives require the support of the national government, private sector and other partners, and is contingent on the CPF’s adherence to the following key principles:
- Ownership – It is co-owned by the government and endorsed by the lead ministry that GGGI has an agreement with, in Viet Nam this is the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI);
- Mutual Accountability – It demonstrates commitment by GGGI and the government to collaborate and provide support in implementing the CPF;
- Alignment – It is aligned to national objectives and informed by the GGGI Strategic Plan 2015-2020;
- Leadership – Its formulation is jointly led by the country team and MPI.
GGGI has consulted extensively with green growth stakeholders in:
- Government – Ministries of: Planning and Investment, Natural Resources and Environment, Industry and Trade, Agriculture and Rural Development, Construction, and Transport; and provincial and municipal leaders;
- Financial institutions – World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Viet Nam Development Bank (VDB);
- Development partners – United Nations agencies, bilateral agencies and/or embassies of Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway, Switzerland and the United States of America;
- Experts from civil society, the private sector and academia.
Consultations were held via bilateral meetings, a donor roundtable and a consultative workshop, hosted jointly by GGGI and MPI. See Annex B for a summary of the consultations.
The CPF presents the in-country strategy for the delivery of measurable results against the GGGI Results Framework, and aligns with national commitments under the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Viet Nam’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).