At a Glance
|Strategic Outcomes||SO1 Reduced GHG emission, SO3 Increased access to sustainable services|
|Start Date||Q4 2020|
|End Date||q3 2022|
|Actual Budget (USD)||499,995|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)|
|GGGI Share (USD)||N/A|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers||gender|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)||Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MADES)|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)||Green Climate Fund (GCF)|
|Name of consortium members, if any||N/A|
GGGI Project Code : PY01
Project Manager and Staff +
Project Context, Objectives and Description
The Readiness support program aims to address Paraguay’s climate change priorities while building on ongoing and past donor-funded initiatives. Also, it brings benefits on the increased accessibility, capacity, and opportunities on climate finance to meet NDC targets and prioritizes the development of gender-responsive investment plans.
The readiness support program will focus on the following:
- Development of Sub-National Climate Finance Roadmap for an effective and efficient climate finance architecture to support Paraguay’s NDC implementation and National Climate Finance Strategy.
- Development of sub-national investment plans and based on these, develop GCF concept notes.
- Development of project concept notes based on prioritized sectors’ investment plans for submission to the GCF.
- Support the country’s access to the GCF through candidate DAE nomination and gap assessment for GCF accreditation.
- Strengthen capacity to develop green investment projects and access international climate finance
- Improve the planning and programming capacity of core country stakeholders to contributed to GCF-funded Readiness Grant
The beneficiaries of the proposed Readiness Grant include:
- the Government of Paraguay: the readiness support aims to improve the capacity of state and non-state actors (including the NDA, national ministries, subnational governments and other stakeholders) to access climate finance, enabling the country to meet its NDC targets and implement its national commitments outlined in the 2030 National Development Plan.
- Private sector actors: by working towards the accreditation of local DAEs, the readiness program will support national entities to access affordable climate finance.
- Vulnerable Communities: The readiness support program focuses on key priority sectors to increase access to sustainable services for vulnerable communities, and prioritizing the development of gender responsive and participatory investment plans.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|