At a Glance
|Strategic Outcomes||SO3 Increased access to sustainable services|
|Start Date||Q1 Jan 1 2018|
|End Date||q1 Dec 31 2020|
|Actual Budget (USD)||291,979|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)||261,904|
|GGGI Share (USD)||291,979|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers||poverty|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)|
|Name of consortium members, if any|
GGGI Project Code :
Project Manager and Staff +
Project context, objectives and description
GGGI’s proposed new flagship annual report, the State of Green Growth, will serve as a core part of GGGI’s initiative to promote the model of green growth and to showcase successful country experiences and approaches, supplemented by data, analysis, and stakeholder engagement. Through the report, GGGI will share strategic approaches, best practices, case studies, and practical examples of successes across the GGGI value chain and in GGGI’s four thematic and to describe broader insights and innovations for successfully achieving green growth. The Report will describe “why” green growth is a necessary approach to addressing global challenges and national development priorities, and “how” green growth is successfully achieved.
The objective of the project is to provide a high-level platform for explaining, promoting, and ultimately advancing the model of green growth, built on a foundation of practical experience and robust, data-driven, and evidence-based analysis. Through both print and web-based content, the Report will illustrate the current state of green growth adoption and progress within GGGI’s partner countries – summarizing the fundamentals of green growth and highlighting successful approaches and case examples of green growth transformation.
The original title of the report was the “State of Green Growth Report.” However, the following changes were made along the way:
- In September 2019, the title was changed to “Achieving Global Green Transformation”
- In November 2019, it was decided that this would be a collection of reports with volumes on 1) The Promise of Green Growth A Pathway to Prosperity and Achieving National and Global Ambitions, 2) Achieving Green Energy Transformation, 3) Safeguarding Natural Capital and Sustaining Landscapes, 4) Achieving Sustainable Water and Sanitation, and 5) Attaining Green Cities. A separate report for the Green Growth Index was produced.
- In February 2020, it was decided that only volumes 1, 2, and 5 will be published into stand-alone technical reports
Type of services provided, and results achieved
Impact: Advance the model of green growth worldwide.
Project Outputs completed in 2019:
i. Green Growth Policies: N/A
ii. Green Investments: N/A
iii. Capacity Building and Knowledge Products:
3 technical reports:
- The Promise of Green Growth A Pathway to Prosperity and Achieving National and Global Ambitions
- Green Growth in Action: Achieving Green Energy Transformation
- Green Growth in Action: Attaining Green Cities
Number of staff provided
Project Manager: Orestes Anastasia
Stelios Grafakos, Ingvild Solvang, Adam Ward, Kurya Roesad, Dereje Senshaw, Muharrem Askin, Bolormaa Chimednamjil, Anna Van Paddenburg, Laila Kasuri, Peter Vos, Donovan Storey, Aarsi Sagar