Anthony Annan is a Climate Finance Specialist at GGGI. His areas of focus include supporting National Climate Finance Vehicles (NFVs) to deepen Private Sector Engagement and Resource Mobilization.
Anthony comes with a vast amount of experience in business development services and MSME financing. His track record includes being an originator, designer, implementer and manager of business development services programs, SME fund management and MSME financing products.
Anthony’s professional experience includes working for:
- The Business Development Fund of Rwanda as a Fund Management Advisor
- The Rwanda Development Board as an SME Business Development Services Advisor.
- Liberty Capital as the Group General Manager and Head of Corporate Finance. Liberty Capital is an investment holding company with over 600 employees that owned a capital markets house, a Savings and Loans Company and a Commodities Trading business.
- GroFin Ghana, an SME Specialist Financing company as a Business Development Manager; and later as a Senior New Business Manager.
- The US African Development Foundation’s (US ADF) SME Venture Capital Program in Ghana as a Business Development Team Leader.
- General Electric as a Sales and Distributions Analyst and UTC’s Pratt & Whitney as a Global Manager for General Business Support.
Mr. Annan has provided consulting services to the African Development Bank per Expanded Supervision Audits and Performance Evaluations on AfDB’s Private Equity Investments and Lines of Credit offered to Banks. Other consulting assignments performed includes developing Ethiopia’s CRGE Facility Private Sector Engagement Strategy.
Anthony Annan holds a BS in Applied Mathematics from Valdosta State University in Georgia, USA and an MBA with a dual major in Marketing and Information Systems from Georgia State University in Georgia, USA. He also holds an MS in Management with a major in Finance from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy New York, USA. He is a Certified Member of the Association of Operations Management (CPIM) and Six Sigma/ACE trained.
Mr. Annan was an adjunct lecture at both Ashesi University and Knutsford University Colleges in Ghana. Courses taught include Entrepreneurship, Principles of Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Service Quality Management and Six Sigma, International Marketing and Supply Chain Management.