At a Glance
|Publication Date||August 2019|
|Thematic Areas||Forest (Sustainable) Landscapes, Sustainable Landscapes|
Objective and scope
GGGI commissioned an independent evaluation after two years of executing the GGGI program 2017-2019, with the objective of offering the Governments of Colombia and Norway , as well as GGGI and its technical team, an independent view of the results of the Program implemented. Furthermore, the Evaluation identifies areas of potential improvement and lessons learned that could lead to greater effectiveness in the context of an eventual continuation of the program (Phase II).
Key evaluation questions
In order to address the five criteria outlined above, a matrix of 13 questions was agreed between GGGI, the Government of Norway , as follows:
- Has the program responded to the key needs and priorities of the Government of Colombia and NICFI, as originally identified in the proposal?
- Have there been any significant changes to these priorities that the program should adjust for, either now or in the future?
- Have the program outputs been delivered as intended? Or if they are not yet due, are they on track to be delivered as planned?
- Have the program outcomes been achieved as intended, or are they on track to be? What difference has the program made (or is likely to make) in the realization of these outcomes at national and sub-national levels? How could outcomes be strengthened moving forward?
- Are the outcomes likely to lead to subsequent impacts, either intended (as per the program log frame) or unintended, and either positive or negative?
- Was the original theory of change (including vertical logic, selection of regions and sectors for subnational work, other scope issues) and log frame (including indicators, baselines and targets) well designed? How could the theory of change / log frame be revised to enhance the effectiveness of the program?
Management and efficiency
- Has GGGI undertaken program planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting in a manner that adequately meets the requirements of key partners and supports the achievement of proposed results?
- Has GGGI planned and managed human and financial resources in a manner that ensures the program is delivered on time and within budget as per the original grant agreement? If there are major variations, what were the reasons for this and how could they be remedied moving forward?
- Are the arrangements to support coordination and decision making among GGGI, Norway and the Government of Colombia are working well?
- Have the measures to ensure sustainability of outcomes described in the original design been appropriately implemented? Are they effective (or likely to be effective) in enhancing the sustainability of the program’s outcomes?
- Has GGGI performed effectively in the way that it engages and builds productive working relationships with key program stakeholders?
- Has GGGI adapted appropriately to any changes in the context that could help or hinder the achievement of intended program outcomes and impacts?
Cross-cutting. Have the measures to address cross-cutting issues of gender, social inclusion, climate change and anticorruption described in the original proposal been appropriately implemented?
- Contained in the main evaluation report, Section 6.5.