At a Glance
|Start Date||Q1 May 11 2017|
|End Date||q1 Jan 1 2019|
|Actual Budget (USD)||26,524|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)||46,348|
|GGGI Share (USD)||26,524|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers||poverty|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)|
|Name of consortium members, if any|
Project context, objectives and description
To meet the reporting obligations under the UNFCCC as well as the enhanced transparency framework (ETF) of the Paris Agreement, all countries have agreed to provide emission data and track progress against their contributions to climate actions. Embedding effective and accurate greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring (measurement), reporting and verification (MRV) system is fundamental in complying to this agreement as it provides reliable, detailed data for target setting and tracking progress. Against this backdrop, partner governments plan to develop an integrated national MRV system with the technical assistance from GGGI. This project especially supports the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) of Uganda, the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) of Mongolia, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation (MONREC) of Myanmar, and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) of Lao PDR.
The objectives of this project are:
- The governments identify its major GHG emitting sectors completely and comprehensively. This will provide with reliable data per sectors with high mitigation potentials, setting sector-specific baselines as a reference point for establishing future mitigation objectives and priorities.
- The governments identify mitigation and adaptation areas to facilitate leveraging green investment for the NDC implementation. This entails identifying the appropriate MRV requirements for assessing its capacity development needs, identifying the required climate finance needed, and accurately measuring, reporting, and verifying its NDC components.
Type of services provided, and results achieved
Project Outputs completed in 2019:
i. Green Growth Policies:N/A
ii. Green Investments:N/A
iii. Capacity Building and Knowledge Products:
- Total of 6 capacity building activities in Qatar, Myanmar(2), Lao PDR(2), Solomon Islands to share best practices, specifically on institutional arrangements.
Implementing Partners in Myanmar
- Environmental Conservation Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
- Forest Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Consrvation
- Ministry of Electricity and Energy
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation
- Ministry of Industry
Number of staff provided
Project Manager: Siddhartha Nauduri
Chan Ho Park, Yoo Lim Jeon
News • February 6, 2018
On February 6, the GGGI Nepal team in partnership with the Ministry of Population and Environment, the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport and Sajha Yatayat, a forward-looking bus operator cooperative in Kathmandu, held a high-level dissemination and strategy seminar to share findings and explore opportunities for moving forward with electric mobility in the country. […]