At a Glance
|Start Date||Q2 20190814|
|End Date||q4 20191231|
|Actual Budget (USD)||125,000|
|Actual Expenditure (USD)||98,284|
|GGGI Share (USD)||98,284|
|Poverty and Gender Policy Markers|
|Name of Client (Lead/Prime implementer if GGGI is part of a consortium)||Organization of Eastern Caribbean States|
|Participating Organization (Funding/donor)||Core funded|
|Name of consortium members, if any|
GGGI Project Code :
Project Manager and Staff +
Project context, objectives and description
The countries involved in this project are AI Anguilla, AG Antigua and Barbuda, DM Dominica, GD Grenada, GP Guadeloupe, MQ Martinique, MS Montserrat, KN Saint Kitts And Nevis, LC Saint Lucia, VC Saint Vincent And the Grenadines, VG Virgin Islands (British).
The objective of this project is to strengthen GGGI’s relationship with OECS and accelerate investment in technologies, practices, and policies that will enable a sustainable, resilient energy system across the Eastern Caribbean States and support the achievement of NDC targets. This project is aligned to. IO1.strengthened national, sub-national, and local green growth policy planning, financing, and institutional frameworks.
Through this project, GGGI will help OECS countries:
- Mobilize resources to support sustainable energy development;
- Implement OECS recommendations on sustainable energy development; and
- Understand key issues around risk related to energy resilience.
Type of services provided, and results achieved
Impact: No Impact Statement indicated in the logframe. This project will support OECS member states’ goals of increasing use of renewable energy in the electricity and transport sectors, and in increasing resilience.
- Strengthen GGGI’s relationship with OECS and accelerate investment in technologies, practices, and policies that will enable a sustainable, resilient energy system across the Eastern Caribbean States and support the achievement of NDC targets.
Project Outputs completed in 2019:
i. Green Growth Policies:
- A desk review on solar PV/energy resilience insurance mechanisms completed.
- A report on enhancing resilience in the Caribbean through hurricane-proofing rooftop solar panels was developed and delivered to OECS.
ii. Green Investments: N/A
iii. Capacity Building and Knowledge Products: N/A
Number of staff provided
Project Manager: Kristin Deason
Christina Cheong, Da Yeon Choi, Donovan Storey, Ferruccio Santetti, Muharrem Askin, Nishant Bhardwaj