Electric Mobility Transition: Insight from Emerging Economies in Asia and Africa
– Date/Time: October 25, 2021, 14:00-15:45 ICT GMT+7 / 09:00-10:45 CET
– Session lead:
- Mr. Christophe Assicot, Deputy Country Representative, Mekong Sub-Region, GGGI
The objective of this session is to share insight and reflect on how emerging economies in Asia and Africa are transitioning to electric mobility. The program started by inviting experts from the public and private sectors to introduce their activities at the forefront of the e-mobility transition. Four presentations examined policy and standardization aspects, the development of innovative solutions in public transport, and the holistic perspective of city governments, notably from Uganda and Rwanda and Lao PDR.
The second part of the session featured a high-level panel of professional and academics who will be discussing how sustainable mobility practices can be accelerated in developing countries. This year, we were lucky to welcome representatives from the development organizations, equipment suppliers, international consulting firms and academia who explored achievements, challenges, lessons learnt as well as innovative new approaches, with Q&A session with participants.
Blue Economy & Coastal Resilience Building: Climate Smart Solutions for Sustainable Livelihood in Asia/Pacific
– Date/Time: October 27, 2021, 14:00 – 16:00 KST (GMT+9)
– Session lead:
- Mr. Marcel Silvius, Country Representative – Indonesia, GGGI
This GGGWeek2021’s session enabled the sharing of some government plans and perspectives from Asian and Pacific countries on their blue economy ambitions, learning about the vulnerability of countries in the region to sea level rise and sharing of lessons about inclusive and nature-based solutions for enhancing coastal resilience and economy. In the Post Covid era, recovery packages need to be structured to promote livelihoods and jobs, while strengthening long-term coastal ecosystem resilience.
* The PPTs are available until 8th January 2022. If you wish to access the PPTs after the date, please contact us at GGGWeek2021@gggi.org.
- The National Medium-Term Development Planning (RPJMN) 2020 – 2024 Background Study for the Forestry Sector (link)
- The 3Returns Framework: A method for decision-making towards sustainable landscapes (link)
- Economic Appraisal of Ayeyarwady Delta Mangrove Forests (link)
- Bio-based Value Chain Analysis for Sustainable Mangrove Restoration, Ayeyarwady Delta, Myanmar (link)
- PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDY: Developing a net-zero carbon emissions nipa palm sugar production and processing value chain in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Myanmar(link)
– World Bank Group:
- Managing Coasts with Natural Solutions : Guidelines for Measuring and Valuing the Coastal Protection Services of Mangroves and Coral Reefs (link)