Following a general request from stakeholders, the GGGI Senegal Country Office organized a capacity building session on the development of bankable green projects for representatives of ministries in charge of key sectors for the transition to green growth in Senegal.
The session was held on Thursday, August 09, 2018, at the Conference Room of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development. It was facilitated by Mr Malle Fofana, Senior Officer in Strategy and Business Development at GGGI.
Dr Mahamadou Tounkara, Country Representative of GGGI in Senegal, welcomed the 25 participants.
Here are the expectations expressed, in relation to the capacity building session, by the participants:
- To be trained on the development of bankable projects that respect investors’ plans;
- Better know GGGI and its philosophy of supporting the government in Senegal;
- Improve knowledge in program development;
- Benefit from sharing experiences on bankable green projects;
- Make the link between climate change projects and their socio-economic profitability;
- Identify blockages in the development of green financing proposals.
An action plan for the development of synopsys by the participants was adopted at the end of this session.