- Country: Mexico
- Geographic Coverage: National, sub-national
- Lead Local Agencies:
- Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT)
- National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change (INECC)
- Megalopolis Environmental Commission (CAMe)
- Secretariat of Energy (SENER)
- Secretariat of Economy (SE)
- Subnational Green Growth Planning & Implementation
- Innovation in Climate Technologies
In recent years, Mexico has undertaken important steps at the national level related to climate change and the promotion of green growth. The current administration of the Government of Mexico, through the National Development Plan 2013-2018, has committed to green growth as an overarching component of its development strategy. Mexico has also been working toward advancing the green growth agenda at the state and municipal levels where many of the cost effective levers for green growth and GHG emissions reside.
GGGI has been supporting these efforts since 2012, through inputs to Mexico’s national climate change strategies, as well as projects targeting green-growth at sub-national levels. GGGI is also working with its Mexican partners to innovate the country’s energy sector through investment in green technologies.
Read a feature article on GGGI’s work in Mexico
Watch GGGI Mexico’s Country Representative Salvador Lopez speak about GGGI’s work in Mexico.